The term “ponytail facelift” isn’t a medical term; it’s just a marketing term for a technique that’s becoming more and more popular.
What is a Ponytail Facelift?
A ponytail facelift is a general term for a facelift that is done with small cuts and aims to make the face look like it does when the hair is pulled back into a tight, high ponytail. The name means more than one thing. Because all of the incisions are made in the hairline instead of around the ears, as in a traditional facelift. You don’t have to worry about your Facelift Scars showing when you wear a ponytail after surgery.
Ponytail Facelift vs. Facelift
The main benefit is that the middle of the face, the temples, and the jowls are lifted. Because the lift focuses on the middle of the face and doesn’t remove much skin, it’s best for people with early signs of aging on the face. In short, a ponytail lift can make your face look lifted, especially in the middle, but it can’t fix things like sagging skin or the neck like a traditional facelift can. Here are some differences between Ponytail Facelift the traditional Facelift surgery:
- The Ponytail Facelift doesn’t pull or extend horizontally. Instead, the skin is redraped vertically upward to reverse gravity’s pull and avoid a windswept look.
- The minimally invasive Ponytail-Facelift technique won’t change your ear’s structure or hairline.
- The tragus, which is a prominent part of your ear just in front of where your ear hole is, won’t be bent or moved forward. Your doctor doesn’t make a cut in front of or behind your tragus. For the ponytail technique facelift patients, The incision will be made only behind the ear, where it will be hidden. This is how the patient ends up with little scarring that no one can notice.
- The face’s skin and fat layers underneath are still intact and undamaged. This will keep your skin healthy and give it more blood flow, so you’ll look younger for long time.
How is ponytail lift surgery performed?
General anesthesia is used during ponytail lifts. Small, hidden cuts are made near the hairline, and the deeper structures are lifted and moved into a better place. This can be done with the help of an endoscope and suspension sutures.
Ponytail Lift Surgery Side Effects
Facelifts include risks, like any surgeries. Facelift complications vary by kind, surgeon’s competence, your health, and how well you follow pre- and postoperative instructions. Many surgeons require pre-screening tests to determine facelift candidacy. Diabetes, bleeding problems, high blood pressure, heart or lung illness, and depression all increase facelift complications.
Possible side effects following a mini-facelift include:
- Bruising and swelling
- Disturbances in sensation
- Nerve damage
- Facial asymmetry
How long do Ponytail Facelifts last?
After a Ponytail-facelift, you will be able to see the results right away. The effects could last up to 10 years, but they will change as you age, use the product, deal with gravity, and spend time in the sun.
Ponytail Facelift Surgery Cost in Dubai?
Ponytail Facial Lift Surgery in Dubai costs between 15,000 AED and 20,000 AED on average. Many people choose to have other procedures done at the same time as a facelift. These include blepharoplasty (eyelid surgery), brow lift (forehead lift), rhinoplasty (nose surgery), chin surgery, facial implants, and skin treatments.